*Up to 8.0 CE credits are available.*
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify common practice challenges and network with colleagues to discuss potential solutions.
- Describe measures to increase patient volume and profitability, as well as improve patient and employee satisfaction.
- Explain the benefits of a clinical pharmacy consulting service within a bariatric surgery program.
- Summarize the indications for revisonal surgery for patients s/p adjustable gastric band placement.
- Cite the impact of pre-surgery alcohol problems with the postoperative bariatric surgery population.
- Describe the impact of diet-induced themogenesis on weight loss in the gastric bypass patient.
Moderator: Karen Flanders, NP, CBN
Welcome and Introduction – Maureen Quigley, APRN
IH-101. INCREASED DIET-INDUCED THERMOGENESIS AFTER ROUX-Y GASTRIC BYPASS – Silvia L. Faria, MS; Orlando Faria, MD; Heloisa Gouvea; Mariane Cardeal; Cynthia Buffington, PhD
IH-102. RHEOSTAT (REACTIVE HYPOGLYCAEMIA EXAMINATION OF SYMPTOM STATISTICS): A TOOL FOR SCORING AND INVESTIGATING HYPOGLYCAEMIA FOLLOWING GASTRIC BYPASS – Conor Magee, MD, FRCS; Ken Clare; David D. Kerrigan, MD
IH-103. CHARACTERISTICS OF CHILDHOOD FEEDING PRACTICES – David Sarwer, PhD; Sara Walters-Bugbee, Psy.D; Kelly S. McClure, PhD; Tanja V. Kral, PhD; Lisa West-Smith, PhD, LCSW; Rebecca Dilks, RD, LDN;
IH-104. THE IMPACT OF A CLINICAL PHARMACY CONSULTING SERVICE ON THE BARIATRIC SURGERY PATIENT POPULATION – Tyson J. Thornton, PharmD; Michelle Toder, MD
IH-105. BEST PRACTICES THAT RESULT IN INCREASED PROFITABILITY AND PERFORMANCE – Kerrie A. Warne
IH SECTION PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS – Laura Boyer, RN, CBN
Introduction by Robin Blackstone, MD, FASMBS, FACS, ASMBS President
Refreshment Break in the Exhibit Hall
Moderator: Jill Meador, RN, BSN, CBN
IH-106. LONGITUDINAL ASSESSMENT OF BARIATRIC SURGERY (LABS): RETENTION STRATEGY AND RESULTS AT 24 MONTHS – William F. Gourash, MSN, CRNP; Abidemi Adeniji; Steven Belle, PhD, MScHyg; Chelsea Cassady, BS; Jessie Eagleton, BS; Faith Ebel, RD, MS, MPH; Laurie Koozer, MFA; Harrison Lobdell; Anne MacDougall, BA; Walter J. Pories, MD, FASMBS; Bruce Wolfe, MD, FASMBS
IH-107. ALCOHOL PROBLEMS BEFORE AND IN THE FIRST TWO YEARS FOLLOWING BARIATRIC SURGERY – Wendy C. King, PhD; Melissa A. Kalarchian, MS, PhD; Jia-Yuh Chen, MS; Anita P. Courcoulas, MD, FASMBS; Scott G. Engel; James E. Mitchell, MD; Walter J. Pories, MD, FASMBS; Kristine Steffen, PharmD; Susan Yanovski, MD
INVITED GUEST SPEAKER – Morgan Downey, Esq.
Obesity from 30,000 Feet: Toward a Realistic Obesity Policy
Lunch Served in the Exhibit Hall
Moderator: Kelli Friedman, PhD
AWARDS PRESENTATION – Maureen Quigley, APRN
SYMPOSIUM: MULTIDISCIPLINARY DISCUSSION OF REVISION AFTER FAILED GASTRIC BYPASS – Leslie Heinberg, PhD; Cassie Truran, RD; Kelvin Higa, MD, FASMBS
Workshop 1: IH-108: FOOD ADDICTION DEBATE: MYTH OR REALITY? – Connie Stapleton, PhD and Stephanie Sogg, PhD
Workshop 2: HOW TO RETAIN, CONVERT AND EDUCATE PATIENTS USING WEB-BASED PROGRAMS:
(1) IH-109: Preoperative Bariatric Surgery Patient Retention – Rebecca Aschoff, RN, CBN; Wayne Weiss, MD; Peter Kwon, MD, FASMBS
(2) IH-110: Use of Web-based Programs for Bariatric Patient Education, Participation, and Public Education – Patricia Toor, RN, BA, MSN, OCN; Keith Kim, MD; Cynthia Buffington, PhD
Workshop 3: INTEGRATING SOCIAL MEDIA INTO YOUR BARIATRIC PROGRAM –
Pam Davis, RN, CBN, CCM
Workshop 4: HOW TO INCORPORATE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INTO CLINICAL CARE –
Dale Bond, PhD and Wendy King, PhD
Workshop 5: CLINICAL DILEMMAS IN PRE-SURGICAL PSYCHOSOCIAL EVALUATION AND BEYOND: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? – Lisa West-Smith, PhD
Workshop 6: NUTRITION: OPTIMIZING RESOURCES IN MEAL PLANNING AND PREPARATION – Sharon Zarabi, RD, CDN, CPT
Refreshment Break in the Exhibit Hall
- Exercise/Physical Fitness – Catherine Tuppo, PT
- Advanced Practice Nursing/Physician Assistant – Allison Cobb, FNP, BC and Alison Olsen, MS, PA-C
- Nursing – Sue Bunnell, RN, BS, CBN
- Nutrition – Julie Parrott, MS, RD, LD
- Practice Management – Anita Houle
- Behavioral Health – Stephen Ritz, PhD
// Content is tentative and subject to change //