Procedures and Guidelines for Presenters
ASMBS Policy on Disclosure
The ASMBS has implemented the following mechanisms to identify and resolve conflicts of interest prior to an educational activity:
- The ASMBS is committed to ensuring that all attendees are informed of any and all commercial relationships and/or potential conflicts of interest.
- Members of the Executive Council and Program Committee must provide a financial disclosure statement.
- All planners who are in control of content must provide their financial disclosure for review prior to developing their activity and inviting faculty.
- Invited faculty must provide their financial disclosure upon invitation to serve as faculty.
- For abstract submissions for the Plenary Session, Video Session, Poster Session, the IH Main Session and the Behavioral Health Session, the authors are all to provide their disclosures at the time of abstract submission.
- All speakers must display a list of financial disclosures on the first slide of their presentation.
- All disclosures are reviewed and resolved by the ASMBS CME Department for potential conflict of interest.
Rules for Presentations and Management of Conflict of Interest
- All presentations are viewed for potential COI by the ASMBS CME Department before they are released for presentation.
- If COI is determined, the presenter is contacted for resolution.
- If the conflict is unable to be resolved, the presenter is asked to recuse himself.
- During the session, the course directors and/or moderators are observant of the presentations and monitor any statement that would present a possible commercial bias and may dismiss the speaker at that time if necessary.
- The first slide of the presentation must offer the speaker’s disclosure; if it does not, the speaker is asked to verbally disclose. If the speaker does not verbally disclose, they can then be recused.
Procedure for Reporting Commercial Bias
You, the attendee, are encouraged to document any concerns about commercially-biased presentations/materials during educational sessions. You may obtain these report forms at the registration desk. Please take your completed forms to the ASMBS staff at the registration desk or fax to 352.331.4975.